JOB TITLE: Thunderbird for Good China Liaison
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Thunderbird for Good, Kellie Kreise
The primary responsibility of this position is to help identify and cultivate new project opportunities for Thunderbird in China and work with 10,000 Women program grantees based in China. This consultant will facilitate the application of Thunderbird for Good program management expertise and Thunderbird faculty knowledge to the 10,000 Women program in China.
10,000 Women is a five year initiative funded by Goldman Sachs and Goldman Sachs Foundation to provide 10,000 underserved female entrepreneurs in developing and emerging markets with a business and management education. Guided by the knowledge that extending more opportunity to women is one of the most powerful means to greater and more shared economic growth, 10,000 Women works with a global network of universities and nonprofit organizations to fund business and management education certificate programs at home and abroad, and to support robust capacity-building efforts to ensure a broad and lasting impact on the quality of business education in developing regions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program Management, 10,000 Women: The Thunderbird for Good Liaison will help manage a portfolio of tasks associated with various 10,000 Women programs in China, and will help support 10,000 Women Academic Partners in the region. The Liaison will liaise with Goldman Sachs Foundation on programmatic and technical aspects of the programs in China. Approximately 75% of the time will be spent on these responsibilities
- Provide Business Development Support to Thunderbird: The Liaison will assist Thunderbird in various opportunities for business development, brand development, or recruiting opportunities for the School in Asia. This may include meeting with key Thunderbird alumni and various stakeholders, attending events, and identifying opportunities that may be advantageous to Thunderbird. The Liaison will work primarily with the Office of Thunderbird for Good but may also have interactions with other departments within the school as appropriate to the opportunities
- Location and Travel: The position will be based in China, either in Beijing or Shanghai and will require regular travel within China to visit program sites, as well as occasional travel to the UK or the US to meet with Thunderbird or Goldman Sachs Foundation staff.
- Other Duties: Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the manager to meet business objectives and this job description is not intended to be all inclusive.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in philanthropy, program management, and/or international development
- Fluent English and Mandarin language skills
- Experienced in both US and Chinese work settings
- Team player, and skilled at managing projects and people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, complete attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person, on phone, and by email and voicemail
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours and travel when required
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as in team
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word for presentations and data analysis
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion required
- Graduate degree in business, international relations, or public policy a plus
Must be able to work effectively in the remote office and interface with the Thunderbird for Good and Goldman Sachs Foundation teams. Must also have the ability to work with all internal School departments (especially Development, Alumni Relations, Marketing, and Communications), students, alumni, faculty, external public and private organizations, corporations, program participants, government officials, and community leadership for the purposes of fostering relations, negotiating agreements, developing business, and training.
No direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position is funded by an annual grant from the Goldman Sachs Foundation. The grant is re-negotiated on an annual basis which may affect the duration of this position.