For this month’s Beyond Business As Usual series on “Closing the Loop on Waste”, we have three events in Beijing and Shanghai that will look at how China is managing its growing supply of waste, the implications for business, and some best practices for how firms in the retail and manufacturing sector are closing the loop in China.
To help drive depth of insights into the current systems, as well as some innovative programs, we will be releasing our comprehensive report on Shanghai’s Informal Waste Sector, and have invited executives from leading retailer and materials firms to speak about:
- How is waste managed, formally and informally, in China?
- What are the realities of recycling, and what is the business case for circular economy initiatives (e.g. product takeback programs)?
- How can firms engage their stakeholders in participating in programs, or as brand building?
Shanghai Executive Workshop – 11.30am -1.30pm Tuesday 27th June
- Antonio Roade – China Environmental Manager, Inditex
- Monique Maissan – CEO & Founder, Waste2Wear
Shanghai Young Professionals Forum – 6.30pm – 9pm Tuesday 27th June
- Becky Cho – Senior Director, Corporate Communications, adidas
- Eduardo Garza, Creative Director, Waste2Wear
- Alex Ho, Artist
Beijing Executive Workshop – 11.30am -1.30pm Thursday 29th June
- Libo Ma – Director in Corporate Culture, Employee Engagement and Sustainability, JD.com
- Gloria Niu, China Sustainability Manager, Interface
Sign Up Today!
If you are interested in attending any of the above events, please contact email@example.com for more information.