Held on September 10th, 2015, Bayer and a group of industry leaders brought their expertise to discuss current and future healthcare challenges that patients face in China and explored ways forward.
During a series of interactive workshops, participants worked together to understand the issues from a patient’s perspective, and discussed how they can turn them into opportunities that can drive both sustainability and business.
To ensure the tangibility of the summit and its real-life applicability, participants were divided into different thematic groups to discuss on different topics so they can leverage their skills, experience and explore solutions collaboratively. The participants were presented with challenges and were asked to look at these questions in terms of how to collaborate stakeholder from cross-sectors, how to market the products to customers digitally, how utilize technology, how to manage the pace of technology.
Some highlights from the discussions on different thematic topics:
- Creation of national databases containing health information, health profiles and medical records in electronic format would not only simplify information storage, but also encourage intra- and inter-sector communication, exchange of valuable medical information and professional expertise.
- There is a need for a change in general inter-sector collaboration and communication among business, academia and medics to avoid fragmented operating, get better overview of- and consistency within current health trends and generate progressive solutions.
Marketing to Customers Digitally
- There is an information cascade from tier 1 to tier 2 cities. We should look at business challenges, and think how we can solve them. Digital marketing can be part of the solution. We should also be looking at what other challenges and which areas are digital applicable
- Key challenges in the digital marketing include lacking adequate talents who understand local situation and have global mindset, internal regulations, and the usage of the same KPIs to measure success
- Pharmaceutical companies must unite and look for solutions together to tackle the challenges and innovate
- Collaboration with medical health companies would be useful for pharmaceutical companies to reach consumers, however medical health companies are reluctant and closing a deal with only one company will block the possibilities of collaboration with so many other companies.
Managing the Pace of Technology
- Pharmaceutical is important for the contribution of medical knowledge and data about diseases and drugs as well about the regulatory frameworks
- It would benefit R&D more if the data collected by Apps were analyzed in more efficient ways.
The candid presentations and the inspiring panels allowed participants to have active discussions and small breakout sessions enabled participants to have engaging debates. Those discussions and debates generated a lot of new ideas for way forward and provided Bayer Company with many prospective partners to network with.
Should you be interested in organizing similar events and workshops, please reach out to Charlie Matthews at [email protected].