Corporate volunteering is on the rise in China, as many of the local companies and employees are looking to invest in the communities where they work and live. As these programs grow, it is important that the right frameworks are in place to ensure that these programs have long-term impact.
Abbott China enlisted Collective Responsibility to provide strategic insight on how to increase the effectiveness of their volunteer program and its initiatives.
- Developed internal framework for managing volunteers to attract and engage employee program engagement.
- Matched internal engagement to a framework that engaged, assessed and developed candidate organizations.
- Assisted in the development and execution of employee training programs and provided post-event analysis.
- Successfully localized program materials from Global Foundation into China Market.
- Established partnership with leading Chinese NGO.
- Program has grown from 3 city pilots to 50 Chinese cities within 3 years.
- Program success led to local business units replacing Abbott foundation’s investment.