With China’s desire to shift from “made in China” to “created in China”, the movement away from labor-intensive industries towards new, innovative and highly efficient manufacturing has begun.
Coupled with this, the existent workforce are more expectant and empowered than ever, demanding increasingly higher wages – wages that are some of the highest in the Asian region.
With some considering the era of low cost manufacturing to be coming to an end, we have invited industry experts to our July Luncheon who will share their insights on the following questions:
- What are the challenges and opportunities for manufacturing industries?
- Will robots and automation replace labor on the factory floor?
- What are the tactics and strategies needed to stay ahead?
- Daphne Xiao, Vice President of Leadership & Organization Development of Global Markets, Unilever
- Pamela Chen, Executive Vice President, Li & Fung
Date: Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Time: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Location: Jing’An District, Shanghai (detailed address will be given upon registration)
Cost: BBAU Member: Free; Non-Member: RMB 250
Registration link: http://www.huodongxing.com/event/9341490061700