Effective Date: September 15th, 2019
Sounds of Home (“SoH”) is an application software developed and owned by Collective Responsibility Consulting (Shanghai) Ltd.(“CR”). In order to explain how SoH collects, uses and stores your personal information and the rights you have, we will explain the relevant matters to you through the rules set forth hereinafter. The main points are summarized as follows:
- We will describe the types of personal information collected by us and the corresponding use of such information in order for you to understand the specific types of personal information we collect for a specific function, the reasons for its use, and the methods of such collection.
- Whilst using some features of SoH, we will collect some basic information after obtaining your consent. For example, in order for us to provide you with account registration services or identify user information, you will need to fill in your mobile phone number and the basic information of your children. We will access related records of calls between this phone and the smart watch used by your children for research purposes. Refusal to provide such information will result in the relevant services and functions of the application made inaccessible to you.
For the time being, SoH will not proactively share or transfer your personal information to any third party outside of CR. If the circumstances rise where there is necessity to share or transfer your personal information or you require us to share or transfer your personal information to any other third party, we will directly obtain or verify the third party shall obtain your expressed consent prior to such sharing and transferring of personal information. In addition, we will conduct a risk assessment of such actions and make evaluation accordingly.
If you want to learn more detailed information, please read the corresponding chapters according to the following index:
- The Information We Collect
- Storage of Information
- Information Security
- How We Use Information
- External Parties
- Your Rights
- Protection of Minors
- Contact Us
The Information We Collect
During your use of the SoH service, SoH will collect the information you actively provide when you use the service or generated by using the service in the following ways to provide you with services, optimize our services and protect your account security:
When you register for the SoH service, we will collect your mobile phone number. This information is collected to help you complete the SoH registration and protect the security of your SoH account. Mobile phone numbers are personal information, and this type of information is collected to meet the network real-name system requirements of relevant laws and regulations. If you do not provide such information, you may not be able to use our services normally. You can also choose to fill in information such as gender according to your own needs. In addition, you can choose to provide us with information about your children, such as name, age, gender, school attendance and other information. This information is sensitive information. Refusal to provide this information will only make you unable to use the card sending feature to your child, but it does not affect your normal use of other features of SoH.
In addition, in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and national standards, we may collect and use your personal information without asking for your authorization in the following situations:
- Is directly related to national security, national defense security and other national interests; directly related to major public interests such as public safety, public health, and public knowledge;
- Directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgments;
- In order to protect the life, property, reputation and other major legal rights and interests of yourself and others, but it is difficult to obtain your prior consent;
- The personal information collected is previously disclosed to the public by yourself;
- The personal information collected is from legal public channel, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
- Necessary information for the purpose of signing and executing the contract according to your requirements;
- Necessary for the purpose of maintaining the safe and stable operation of the provided products or services, such as discovering and handling failures and malfunctions of product or service;
- Necessary for carrying out legal news reports;
- When it is necessary to carry out statistical or academic research for general public interest, and when it provides the results of academic research or description externally, the personal information contained in the results is de-identified;
- Other circumstances stipulated by relevant laws and regulations.
Please understand that the features and services provided to you are being constantly updated and developed. If a function or service is not described according to the rules set forth herein and collects your personal information, additional information describing the content, scope and purpose of collecting your personal information would be provided to you through reminders, announcements to obtain your consent.
Storage of Information
Location of Storage
We will act in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and store personal information and data collected within the territory of China.
Duration of Storage
In general, we will only keep your personal information for the time necessary to achieve a specific purpose, for example:
Mobile phone number: If you need to use the SoH application, we need to save your mobile phone number to ensure your normal use of the service. When you delete your SoH account, we will delete the corresponding information;
In the event where our products or services cease to operate, we will delete or anonymize your personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
We strive to secure user’s information to prevent information leakage, improper use, unauthorized access or disclosure. We will use various security protection measures available within a reasonable security level to ensure the security of information.
How We Use Information
We may access the records of calls between your mobile phone and the smart watch used by your child for research purposes. We may also use the information collected through certain features for our other research or internal reports.
In order to ensure the security of the service and help us better understand the operation of our applications, we may record certain relevant information. We will not connect the information we store in the analysis software with any personally identifiable information you provide in the application.
In the event we use your personal information beyond the scope of purpose at the time of collection, but such information has direct or reasonable connection, we will notify you again and obtain your expressed consent before using your personal information.
For the time being, we will not proactively share or transfer your personal information to any third party outside of CR. If the circumstances rise where there is necessity to share or transfer your personal information or you require us to share or transfer your personal information to any other third party, we will directly obtain or verify the third party shall obtain your expressed consent prior to such sharing and transferring of personal information.
We will not disclose the personal information collected. In the event where public disclosure is necessary, we will inform you of the purpose of such disclosure, the type of information to be disclosed and the information that may be involved and obtain your expressed consent.
As our business continues to develop, we may engage in mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers and other transactions. We will inform you of such circumstances and continue to protect or require new controllers to continue in accordance with laws and regulations and standards not lower than those required by the rules herein to protect your personal information.
In addition, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and national standards, we may share, transfer, or publicly disclose personal information without prior consent of the subject of personal information in the following circumstances:
- When it is directly related to national security or national defense;
- When it is directly related to public safety, public health or major public interests;
- When it is directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial or execution of judgements;
- When it is for the protection of life, property, reputation and other major legal rights and interests of yourself and others, but it is difficult to obtain your prior consent;
- When the personal information collected is previously disclosed to the public by the subject of such information;
- When the personal information collected is from legal public channel, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
During the course of your use of SoH application, in order to ensure that you can access, correct, and delete your personal information more conveniently, and at the same time protect your right to withdraw your consent to the use of personal information and delete your account, we have also set up a contact communication channel and your feedback will be dealt with in a timely manner.
We may update and revise the rules set forth herein from time to time. When the terms of the rules change, we will notify you with the changed rules in the form of push notifications and pop-up windows when you log in and update to the version of the application.
Protection of Minors
We take the protection of personal information of minors seriously. According to relevant laws and regulations, if you are a minor under the age of 18, you should obtain the written consent of your parent or legal guardian before using SoH application. If you are the guardian of a minor, whenever you have any questions about the personal information of the minor under your guardianship, please contact us through the contact information in Article 10 hereafter.
When you have any complaints, suggestions, and question related to personal information of minors, please contact us through 【*】. You can also send your question to 【*】.