Base in downtown Shanghai, this position will report directly to the Founder of Collective Responsibility. The main purpose of this role is to develop new corporate partnerships, and to deepen existing corporate partnerships in order to meet business objectives.
The BD and Marketing manager is also responsible to ensure successful execution of all corporate projects, and provide final project reports to enhance the long term partnership experience. Successful candidate will gain exposure across all disciplines of Sustainability and CSR, and will be given the freedom to work on projects outside of daily job scope.
The individual will be working in a dynamic, fast paced, foreign start up environment to help major global brands solving their biggest Sustainability and CSR challenges in mainland China and beyond.
- Source and identify new corporate partnership leads through various channels and opportunities.
- Proactively manage and deepen existing corporate client relations by providing exceptional account management service, and ensure regular engagement with current clients.
- Prepare sales pitch, project proposal, and relevant marketing materials.
- Brainstorm and execute on innovative projects that would benefit BD and marketing objectives.
- Leverage the company’s core competency and knowledge base to design, develop, and sell innovative products to both new and existing clients to meet their critical business needs.
- Business cases and reports writing to strengthen the brand’s reputation as expert in the field.
- Partner with Community and Event Manager on social media content review.
- Keen on market developments and be on top of changing trends. Support Community and Event Manager with event idea development and ensure event topics are relevant to market needs.
- Be the brand ambassador to participate and/or speak at key external events locally and globally.
- Partner closely with our consulting team to ensure clients’ needs and expectations are clearly understood, close any expectation gaps appropriately, and ensure high quality project delivery.
- Support development, production, and distribution of company publications, be involved in both editorial and design of publications.
- Support creative projects such as videography and photography projects.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with at least 2 years in relevant role. Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese required.
- Bachelor degree or above in majors such as Business Management, Journalism, Communications, Public Affair, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Public Policy, or International Relations.
- Sales and BD skills are required. Strong client service mindset, passionate about problem solving, attention to details, and negotiation skills are all highly critical to the success of the role.
- Candidates who sincerely enjoys building a strong network with the ability to develop long term relations, instead of focusing only on short term selling is highly preferred. Candidates who enjoys storytelling, have good marketing sense would be highly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively as an individual and in team environment.
- Knowledge and interests in Sustainability and CSR issues in China and globally is preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are required. Knowledge and interest in publishing, graphics design, photography, photo editing and video editing would be a big plus.
- Experience in a multinational work environment is preferred.
Applicants can send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org