When building up networks of sustainability leaders and innovators, it often takes the progressive action of a single individual to catalyze real change. These individuals are Sustainability Ambassadors, and they have the capacity and the drive to inspire change at any level of an organization – from the new talent to the visionary executive.
Yue Cao is a young passionate researcher, campaigner, and social innovator. Her interests lie in a range of multi-disciplinary sustainability contexts, whether it’s helping purposeful brands to tackle social or environmental problems, to campaigning at the international level pushing for legislation changes for endangered species, she loves them all.
She worked at Collective Responsibility as sustainability consultant from 2016 summer to 2017 spring. During that time, she worked closely with the research team to track and analyse Shanghai’s informal waste management system and most importantly, identifying the areas where that business and brands could find opportunity in. Please check out our most recent Informal Waste report for details.
Prior to this, Yue graduated from University College London with a Masters degree in Environment and Sustainable Development. She also holds a business degree from University of Liverpool.
Now, Yue woks as a campaigner at a London based NGO – Environmental Investigation Agency.
For more stories like Yue’s, and to learn how to foster similar leaders in your own company, check out our Building a Sustainability Ambassador Network Report.
About Sustainability Ambassador Series
Sustainability Ambassadors is a video series that we hope will not only engage and inspire you, but catalyze you and your organization into action: to identify those with the potential to rise and think outside the box, and build a collaborate community of such people that can help your organization forge new paths of longevity and evolve into something powerful.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with series, and follow us on social media to receive the latest updates on articles, videos, and more.
For more insights on Sustainability Ambassadors, and to learn how to foster champions who can take your organization beyond business as usual, check out our Building a Sustainability Ambassador Network Report.
- June 17 – Chitra Hepburn, Senior Strategy Executive, ESG, Sustainability and CSR
- June 24 – Dr. Lu Jianzhong, Partner at Brunswick Group
- July 1 – Sandra Durrant, Director of Responsible Sourcing at Target
- July 8 – Sharon Xiao, APAC Sustainabilty Manager at UPM
- July 15 – Michelle Garnaut, M on The Bund
- July 22 – Yue Cao, Seeking Opportunity in Sustainability
- July 29 – Nitin Dani, Director at Green Initiatives
- August 12 – Raymond Fang, Sustainability Director at APP
- August 19 – Patrick Riley, VP of Global Accounts at Interface
- August 26 – Roy Zhang, Asia Director of Sustainability and CSR at UTC
- September 2 – Coco Zhang, VP of External Affairs at Mary Kay
- September 9 – Echo Bao, Strategic & Sustainability Program at DSM