In this episode of Sustainability Ambassadors, we speak with Echo Bao, Sustainability Manager at DSM, about how she developed her career in corporate sustainability. A career path that was unexpected at first, but through which her flexibility, curiosity, and ability to engage her business leaders, has allowed her to drive the value proposition of sustainability further in a company that already had a strong culture for it. For our younger viewers, who may be in the beginning of their career, she has some advice for you in the final third of the conversation. Advice that is spot on.
As always, we hope that you enjoy this episode, and if you do, please remember to like, share, and comment!
Echo joined DSM China in 2012 as Strategy & Sustainability Program Specialist. She is leading DSM’s sustainability program in China, regional sustainability reporting and related stakeholder engagement. Prior to joining DSM, Echo worked in business development areas for food ingredients and biotechnology for eight years.
For more stories like Echo’s, and to learn how to foster similar leaders in your own company, check out our Building a Sustainability Ambassador Network Report.
About Sustainability Ambassador Series
Sustainability Ambassadors is a video series that we hope will not only engage and inspire you, but catalyze you and your organization into action: to identify those with the potential to rise and think outside the box, and build a collaborate community of such people that can help your organization forge new paths of longevity and evolve into something powerful.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with series, and follow us on social media to receive the latest updates on articles, videos, and more.
For more insights on Sustainability Ambassadors, and to learn how to foster champions who can take your organization beyond business as usual, check out our Building a Sustainability Ambassador Network Report.
- June 17 – Chitra Hepburn, Senior Strategy Executive, ESG, Sustainability and CSR
- June 24 – Dr. Lu Jianzhong, Partner at Brunswick Group
- July 1 – Sandra Durrant, Director of Responsible Sourcing at Target
- July 8 – Sharon Xiao, APAC Sustainabilty Manager at UPM
- July 15 – Michelle Garnaut, M on The Bund
- July 22 – Yue Cao, Seeking Opportunity in Sustainability
- July 29 – Nitin Dani, Director at Green Initiatives
- August 12 – Raymond Fang, Sustainability Director at APP
- August 19 – Patrick Riley, VP of Global Accounts at Interface
- August 26 – Echo Bao, Strategic & Sustainability Program at DSM
- September 2 – Roy Zhang, Asia Director of Sustainability and CSR at UTC