In this episode of Sustainability Ambassadors, we speak with Nitin Dani, Founder of Green Initiatives to learn about the work that he has done in Shanghai to develop one of the strongest platforms for sustainability minded young professionals to come together, to be engaged, and be catalyzed to act.
It is an interview that offers a lot of insights into how he, as a young entrepreneur, had taken this organization from a monthly gathering over drinks, to an organization that views impact as its primary measurement of success and has come up with innovative products, services, and programs for the GI members to use as a medium for change.
As always, we hope that you enjoy the interview, and if you do, please like, share, and comment!
Nitin Dani is an architect by profession and an environmentalist at heart. In Shanghai he works full-time as a Project Director with GIGA, an organization working on material research, cloud software and indoor air quality certification. He is also the Founder an Director of nonprofit organization Green Initiatives (formerly Green Drinks China).
Green Initiatives GI is an environmental nonprofit organization that focuses on education, awareness and action on environmental issues through events, workshops, short-term campaigns and longterm impact projects for the community.
For more stories like Nitin’s, and to learn how to foster similar leaders in your own company, check out our Building a Sustainability Ambassador Network Report.
About Sustainability Ambassador Series
Sustainability Ambassadors is a video series that we hope will not only engage and inspire you, but catalyze you and your organization into action: to identify those with the potential to rise and think outside the box, and build a collaborate community of such people that can help your organization forge new paths of longevity and evolve into something powerful.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with series, and follow us on social media to receive the latest updates on articles, videos, and more.
For more insights on Sustainability Ambassadors, and to learn how to foster champions who can take your organization beyond business as usual, check out our Building a Sustainability Ambassador Network Report.
- June 17 – Chitra Hepburn, Senior Strategy Executive, ESG, Sustainability and CSR
- June 24 – Dr. Lu Jianzhong, Partner at Brunswick Group
- July 1 – Sandra Durrant, Director of Responsible Sourcing at Target
- July 8 – Sharon Xiao, APAC Sustainabilty Manager at UPM
- July 15 – Michelle Garnaut, M on The Bund
- July 22 – Yue Cao, Seeking Opportunity in Sustainability
- July 29 – Nitin Dani, Director at Green Initiatives
- August 12 – Raymond Fang, Sustainability Director at APP
- August 26 – Echo Bao, Strategic & Sustainability Program at DSM
- September 2 – Patrick Riley, VP of Global Accounts at Interface
- September 9 – Roy Zhang, Asia Director of Sustainability and CSR at UTC