The Challenge: i2i Business Planning
There is a persistent gap between impact investors who have financial capital and social businesses that need this capital to scale for impact. Investors are looking to make relatively low-risk and high impact financial investments in sophisticated, later-stage social businesses. Collective Responsibility, in collaboration with SOW Asia, was tasked to create an i2i Business Planning program that would provide social businesses a higher probability to attract impact investment capital and scale.
- Created and implemented a new model for incubating early stage social ventures in Hong Kong.
- Assisted in the development and review of foundation grants.
- Created an incubation curriculum for early incubatees.
Outcomes & Impact
- Created a multi-segment incubation model to support entrepreneurs and early stage startups.
- Successfully received a match-funding offer.
- Second round of enterprises are now in residence.